Ophir is pleased to announce the completion of the acquisition of the Producing Assets from Santos Limited (“Santos”).
Madura – Indonesia
The Madura Offshore PSC contract area, offshore Indonesia is located in the East Java Basin in water depths of 48 metres to 65 metres and covers an area of 849 km2. Ophir has a 67.5% operated interest in the Madura PSC.
- The Meliwis field was discovered in 2016, some 11 kilometres south of the Maleo field.
- The Meliwis development is planned as a single well wellhead platform tie-back to Maleo with a plateau rate of 25 MMcf per day. The development plan was submitted to the regulator during Q4 2017 and approved in January 2018.
- FID for Meliwis is expected to be taken in the coming months. The Meliwis development plan envisages an unmanned well head platform in 74 metres of water tied back to the Maleo production platform (MPP).
- Meliwis has been classified as a contingent resource which is assessed to produce 35.95 Bcf (gross 2C, technical recovery). On FID these resources would be reclassified as 2P reserves.
- A Meliwis project would also extend the economic field life of the Maleo and Peluang fields, resulting in an additional recovery of 8.3 Bcf (gross 2C) from these fields.
Cumulative gross production year end 2017 is 306 Bcf and 32 Bcf sales of gas respectively. Gross average 2017 production was approximately 54 MMcf of sales gas per day.
As of 1 January 2018 the licence contained 2P net reserves (working interest basis) of 4.3 MMboe.