Decisions regarding our investments and resource allocation are vital to the success of our business strategy.
||Description of risk
(2015 on 2014)
- Difficult divestment environment.
- Inability to successfully divest assets at an acceptable price and/or time.
- Management restructuring designed to provide greater focus on IRR when making investment decisions.
- Monitor and tailor projects to fit macro environment.
- Facilitate buyer access /relationship with host Government.
- Maximise transparency with equity buyers.
- Contingency planning and preparedness to change the course of action as situations change.
|Director Portfolio and Strategy
- The Group may not be able to identify appropriate expansion opportunities or be able to manage such expansion effectively.
- Investments are not dictated by production or reserves growth targets; instead each investment will be assessed on an IRR and materiality basis.
- Focus on growing a revenue generating business to fund exploration activities and minimise the overall cost of capital.
- Allocate capital to highest return opportunities following rigorous risk reward analysis.
- Risk assessment and due diligence process is undertaken on all potential new country entries.
- Ophir endeavours to transact at the most appropriate time to create value for shareholders.
|Director Africa Global New Ventures/ Director Asia